Thrift Blog Round Up
I have slowly been accumulating a list of blogs featuring thrifted finds and thrifing information and stories, but I’ve yet to find a real comprehensive list of these blogs anywhere, or a circle of them or anything, so I thought maybe I’d do anybody who was doing the same search I was a favor and put up a list of what I’ve found. This is by no means comprehensive, so if you have or read a blog I haven’t listed here, please leave a comment and I’ll add it!
- Ann’s Treasure Box: this blog features Ann-Marie’s thrifted finds and homemade creations. She also sells her finds on the site.
- Apron Thrift Girl: This blog is a great combo of thrifting, swapping, frugality thought and tips, crafty stuffy (l love her menu planning pages), and great design. Apron Thrift Girl is also the mastermind behind the $99 Thrift Challenge, which I think is pretty much the sweetest thing ever.
- Confessions of an Apron Queen: You may already know this blog as the host of my favorite weekly blog event “Vintage Thingies Thursday.” Aside from VTT, though, it also features a great pin-up girl inspired blog design, an excellent recipe section, and an occasional drool-worthy antiquing photo journal. PLUS she gives away vintage aprons every week. For real.
- freshvintage: Colleen’s blog features the great stuff she finds, mostly at garage and estate sales, outside Philadelphia. She clearly has both a good eye and the requisite good luck.
lala-on-the-gogo is the personal blog of thrift webside goddess Lala (Thriftland: One Girl’s Adventures in Secondhand Shopping). You should check out both of them.
- My Thrifting Finds is a newish blog featuring photographs of my online pal Tilia’s thrifted finds.
- Thrift Candy: this blog features both blog owner Missa’s original thrifts and her favorite picks from Flickr’s 100% Thrifted and Nifty Thrift pools. She describes herself as a “kid in a candy store” and it comes through in her positive and fun (though stylistically very plain) blog.
- The Thrift Shopper isn’t so much a blog as a thifting information page, review site, and community.
- Thrifting in Oblivion is a how-to blog about thrifting in the Southwest US (particularly the New Orleans area). It features photographed trips to thrift stores and salvage yards, thrifting tips, etc.
- Thrifty Goodness: a combo craft and thrifting blog.
- Queen of Fifty Cents uses her blog mainly to chronicle her Saturday morning garage sale and estate sale adventures. They’re worth reading.